CLOSED – MARKET RESEARCH. GROWTH IN GEOGRAPHIC EXPANSION.
Avda. Països Catalans, 34
SANTA COLOMA DE FARNERS (Girona)
Hours per week
Virtual Work Available
Research the situation of the market. Even within the same country or state, there are differences regarding income, habits of consumption, positioning of competitors etc. which can cause a variation in how our price and services are perceived, as well as a series of factors that we must take into consideration before appearing in the new geographic zone.
The study of the market in this case will serve us to concentrate on the following important topics:
– Will our type of product be successful?
– Will it be considered as better, worse or just similar to those of our competitors?
– Will it fulfill our clients’ expectations?
– Will the clients like the name of our products, the logo, colour etc.?
PLANNING OF THE STUDY
In order to find this out, we must collect data and evidence, such as:
· Size of the market and its evolution.
· Purchasing power in the main cities (per capita income, average level of income, rate of unemployment, population, spending characteristics of the population in each area, etc.)
· What products seem to be in expansion and what others diminishing?
· Who will be our competitors? What is their methodology (products, prices, communication, offers, invoicing, etc.)
DATA OF OUR TARGET
· To verify the target, check if it coincides with that of Spain.
· Once the target has been verified: what are their purchase habits (online, store, etc.)? What are the established tendencies? Do they constitute an advantage for us?
– Is the concept attractive enough and broad enough to be successful?
– What segments of the market are more attracted to it?
– Which of the benefits that it provides are the most important for the potential buyers?
– To verify the potential of our product in this market (by regions?, by …..) SWOT
Is the product as good as we believe? How does it compare to those of the competitors? What are the clients’ expectations for the product? Are they satisfied?
– Does our target public like the name? What does it suggest to them? Does it coincide with which we want to suggest? Is it memorable and easy to read?
– Which is the chosen strategy to market the product?
– Which are the convenient means of diffusion?
– What general concept do we intend to spread?
– What positioning are we going to give the product?
· To verify if our commercial strategy works for this market
· To identify the more convenient channels of commercialization for our products (distributor, agent, final client)
· Search and selection of the more suitable reference agents
· To know the culture of the local companies versus the Catalan culture for an effective attainment of agreements
(All the data and evidence must be documented with the corresponding sources)
At this point, we need to make sure that we have selected privileged and well structured information. Now it is time to review and reflect on the data calmly, to contrast, cross reference, and assess information, and ultimately, to try to reach realistic conclusions, always presided over by common sense, which, as we already know, must be present throughout the process.
Presentation of conclusions.
What we expect from you
Most importantly: That you think and act as if the company was yours.
And as far as concrete tasks are concerned:
– To consider which of the available techniques (quantitative, qualitative or both) is most suitable for the object of study.
– To collect the most objective information possible and to interpret the data.
– To make a closing report and, finally, to write up the decision that you consider most suitable on the basis of the data.